Thursday, April 7, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me 

My shade is 115
 The Maybelline Fit Me line was made to make it easier to find your shade in Foundation, Concealer, Blush, Face Powder, and Bronzer (although i did not purchase the bronzer it is available). My shade is 115 so i found it quite easy to find all the products since most had the same numbering system, my only issue was the blush. It did not have the same numbering system but it was displayed by lightest to darkest so you are able to find a shade that suits you that way, i wish it did have the same numbering system though (same thing with the bronzer)


Foundation: This foundation has spf 18 which gives it a bit of a dewy look on your face. I recommend this for normal to dry skin. This product is not good for combination/oily skin. My skin type is combination/oily and after a few hours of wear my skin looked oily. I think the packaging is classy but it's a bummer that it did not have a pump, unscrewing it can get messy and bothersome but just keep a towel handy just in case.


Tips for oily skin: blot skin prior to applying foundation, apply foundation, then blot skin after the application, set with a powder.


This foundation claims


  • No oils, no waxes, no nonsense
  • Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, natural  
  • Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through
  • Non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested
It does not feel oily but the spf can make the skin look oily. It does give a natural coverage and after using it for a while you can build up the coverage although i wouldnt recommend it since the foundation reminds me of a tinted moisturizer feel. The foundation is very lightweight and lets me skin breathe like i said it feels like a tinted moisturizer it has a nice feel. It blends flawlessly and I find the best brush to apply it with is one similar to (Mac 190). 


$$$ around 6 bucks

The concealer is a very nice concealer for under the eyes it covers my bags, it is a bit thick so make sure you set it after use. I did not like this for use all over my face because its a tad bit lighter than the foundation so my concealed spots stand out. 
I wish it would of been in a squeeze tube for sanitary purposes but i apply the product to the back of my hand then use my fingers or a brush to apply because using the applicator again and again over acne spots causes more bacteria problems.

about $4 - $6



15 is my concealer color for the 115 foundation

The blush is very silky and nice, the color i chose was light pink its very light and  you can hardly tell its on because its so natural looking. Its okay for a blush but its nothing to rave about. This was a product i think you can pass on, i didn't like the packaging either, compared to the other products this packaging looks cheap and they should of skipped the brush they put in it because it made it look more cheap

about $4-5



Claims:
 • Lightweight pigments blend easily and wear evenly 
• Provides a natural, fade-proof cheek color that leaves skin the way it was meant to be...fresh, breathing, and natural

It does feel lightweight and blends easily, it takes a bit of effort to get product on brush but its not a huge struggle. I wouldn't call the product fade-proof but it does feel natural and lets my skin breathe. It does not clog my pores. 
blush

face powder
about $5-6
This powder is a very lightweight and has light coverage, it's better as a setting powder than as a powder alone. Although it doesn't cover well, with a little concealer on your problem areas, this is a nice product and can work by itself. It does not clog my pores or break me out so that was a plus. This is the main product i use to set the foundation.


The packaging for this one was better than the blush but at the same time i felt it a bit bulky in my opinion since i do not use the powder puff or the mirror under. All i want is the powder part and the rest for me is unnecessary. I'm sure some people would agree but for the others who use the puff and the mirror its handy.

Claims
It's makeup that doesn't mess with you. 
  •  Blends seamlessly 
  • Matches natural skin tone
  • lets skin breathe
It does blend nicely and matches my natural skin tone 
it also lets my skin breathe. It does not feel heavy
and it doesn't add weight to my foundation. It also does
not clog my pores or makes me breakout.



Overall the idea of the FIT ME line is nice. The foundation has a variety of shades and can fit most people. The rest of the products are good. Some may have a few flaws in packaging but it's not a big deal.

Prices may vary by store and by location but can run anywhere from $5 and up. 
These products can be found at most drugstores as well as Target, Walmart, etc.

My overall rating of the Line is a 4/5

Rating on individual products: 
Foundation 4/5 
Blush 2/5
Concealer 4/5
Powder 3/5

What products I would recommend ? concealer.( and foundation for normal/dry skin)
What products would you pass on? powder and blush




No comments:

Post a Comment